WSML Meeting 23-April-2004
Dieter Fensel, Michael Kifer, Uwe Keller, Holger Lausen, Francisco Jose Martin-Recuerda Moyano,
Eyal Oren, Livia Predoiu, Axel Polleres, Dumitru Roman, Ioan Toma,
(Miahesl Stollberg joining in the end)
D5.1, D5.2: new deadlines 17th of May,
D8: new deadline 3rd of May,
the rest of the activity sheet is ok.
1) D3.2 (WSMO)
Discussion in the WSML meeting, since the modelling issues for D3.2 are
also crucial for WSML.
Short briefing for Miahael K. on the state of the modelling
discussion. Michael and the authors of D3.2 agree to have a Telephone
conference early next week.
2) D5.1, D5.2
Difference between D5.1 and 5.2: D5.2 is more on the theoretical proof
obligations while 5.2 shall discuss tools and how to actually implement
these proof obligations. D5.2 is at the moment almost empty.
Details on the discussion on D5.1:
only offline aspects, but no runtime discovery is discussed
inth this deliverable.
- Dieter points to a reference of Ian Horrocks on matchmaking (cf.
presentation by Eyal in the last WSML telephone conference).
- Comment: composition makes use of
discovery, not the other way around. The general way to go shall be:
discover- decompose - adapt - construct
Dieter suggests to have a look at papaers on parametric design.
- Section 3.2: Proof obligations so far are not sufficient for dynamic
composition as such, because you cannot just put together the
conditions of the separate services. For the moment only one matching
service which matches the goal completely shall be considered.
- Discussion on assumptions: What is the difference between proofing
- Section 4.1.1: Discussion on matching: A service is only usable if it
always ends up in a state that implies the goal, the recution should
provide what is missing to achieve such a match. In this context, there
is a discussion on non-deterministic vs. deterministic services.
- Agreement: Simplify in the deliverable: ONE capability describes ONE
service, an extension of this will be that one capability describes a
set of services which is how it is fedined in WSMO
- Discussion in Section 4 somehow misleading: The discussion in this
deliverable should not talk about the relation between matching between
the capability and the actual service execution but only about
- Structure of section 4 shall change
- What kinds of matching can be dane by LP, what not? Triple should
also be mentioned here, however, all these points more focusing on
implementation shall go to D5.2
- Uwe will include all comments and also try to incorporate the
outcomes of the D3.2 discussion
Dieter will present WSMO/WSML in one of the next SWSI telephone
conferences, Michael K. suggests June 3rd, 7:30 Ibk. time.
(Michael and Dieter will arrange this)
Due to travelling in the next few weeks, the next WSML telephone
conference will be May 19th 4pm-7pm (Innsbruck time).
Disjunction and Quantifiers in RDF"
Axel: "Formalizing Web Service Choreographies"